Cacoon Hammocks And Hanging Chairs
Cacoon Hammocks are entirely unique. Referred to as hanging chairs, hanging pods, hammock chairs and various other less-common terms, the designs were inspired by the intricately stitched together hanging nests of the weaver bird.
"Hanging pod" is probably the most descriptive, since they resemble a teardrop. These original Cacoon hammock chairs have now been joined by a version with an open design and also a luxury deck chair.
For all your question concerning Cacoon hanging chairs and other products, check out our Cacoon FAQ below.
Cacoon Hanging Chair FAQ
1. What is included with my Cacoon?
When you buy a Cacoon, you get everything you need to hang it up and use it:
- 1x Cacoon
- 1x 16.4 feet (5.0 m) of hanging rope with a steel carabiner, which attaches to the top of your Cacoon
- 8x aluminium Cacoon ring sections
- 1x carry bag
2. Where can I hang my Cacoon hanging pod?
Basically, from any point that is 8.2 feet (2.5 m) above the ground and that is at least 4.9 feet (1.5 m) away from the nearest vertical surface. This can be a tree branch (use the tree loop to protect the bark) a rafter or anything else sturdy enough to hold the weight.
If you want complete flexibility, this sturdy tripod stand allows you to set up your Cacoon anywhere you like.
3. What is the weight limit of a Cacoon hanging chair?
Cacoon pods and deck chairs are super strong, but even they have their limits. The maximum carrying capacity for each product is as follows:
- Cacoon Single: 440 lbs. (200 kg)
- Cacoon Double: 440 lbs. (200 kg)
- Bonsai: 440 lbs. (200 kg)
- Songo: 440 lbs. (200 kg)
- Kajito: 330 lbs. (150 kg)
- Lullio Single: 440 lbs. (200 kg)
- Lullio Double: 440 lbs. (200 kg)
4. What kind of warranty is included?
All Cacoon hammocks come with a 2-year warranty against manufacturer defects. If you need to return yours for repair or replacement, your best bet is to contact Cacoon directly. Alternatively, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you out.
5. Are Cacoon hammock chairs waterproof?
6. Can I sleep in my hanging pod?
Of course. And it is quite comfortable. That said, it is not a tent and is not designed for overnight sleeping. You can definitely spend the night in it, but that is not its purpose.
7. Does the Cacoon have a door?
The Cacoon Single and Double can both be outfitted with a door but it is sold separately, since many people do not want or need a door. You can find the door for the Single here and the door for the double here.
8. Does it have a mosquito net?
Same as the door, a mosquito net is sold separately. A Cacoon hammock only includes the parts everyone needs. Anything else is sold separately, so that only those who want it have to pay for it. This single insect net fits on the Cacoon Single and Bonsai and this double insect net fits on the Cacoon Double.
9. Does it include cushions?
Even though some of the product photos show cushions, they are not included with any of the hammock chairs or the deck chair.
10. Does it include a blanket?
Likewise, none of them come with a blanket. Of course, you can use any type of blanket, sleeping bag, etc. you like, to maximize your comfort.
11. How easy is it to take my Cacoon with me on holiday?
Your Cacoon is heavier than most standard hammocks, but is still surprisingly lightweight and portable, making it a great choice to take with you on vacation (apart from the Kajito deck chair, of course). The size and weight of the packed Cacoons in their storage bags is:
- Cacoon Single: 27.6" length by 7.9" diameter (70 by 20 cm); 11 lbs. (5 kg)
- Cacoon Double: 31.5" length by 9.8" diameter (80 by 25 cm); 13.2 lbs. (6 kg)
- Bonsai: 27.6" length by 7.9" diameter (70 by 20 cm); 8.8 lbs. (4 kg)
- Lullio Single: 27.6" length by 7.9" diameter (70 by 20 cm); 11 lbs. (5 kg)
- Lullio Double: 31.5" length by 9.8" diameter (80 by 25 cm); 13.2 lbs. (6 kg)